TASTY VEGGIES AND FRUITS !!
Here are some of the tasty vegetables and fruits that I have made.
- Bananas are the fruit produced by various banana plants.
- When ripe they are usually long and curved with a soft inside covered by a yellow skin (peel).
- Bananas can be found in other colors, including red.
- Banana plants are not trees, they are a type of herb.
- Humans have grown bananas for thousands of years.
- Most species of banana plant originated in Southeast Asia.
- Bananas grow in large, hanging bunches.
- A row of bananas is sometimes called a 'hand', while a single banana is called a 'finger'.
- India is the leading producer of bananas.
|The Cutie Banana !|
Lady Finger ( Okra )
- Lady's fingers is popularly known as Bhindi in India and 'Okra' in US.
- Lady's finger is a rich source of many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- Okra is very much effective in controlling Blood sugar level.
- It is also used as a home remedy for cold. It's another use is in controlling diabetes.
|Lady Finger with umbrella!|
- The lemon is native to Asia, around Northeast India, North Burma, and China.
- Lemons are believed to be a hybrid between a sour orange and a citron.
- The lemon is an evergreen tree, it blooms (a white flower) and produces fruit all year round. Each tree can produce between 500 and 600 pounds (225 kg and 270 kg) of lemons a year.
- Christopher Columbus took lemon seeds with him to the America's in 1493, introducing the fruit there.
- Lemons have a sour taste to them, this is due to the fact that lemon juice contains about 5-6% citric acid.