Little Finger by Chinmayee is licensed work .
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Hey Everybody ! This is my oil pastel drawing of an imaginary place I cooked up.
Did you know ? Whenever you go to a much more greener place than the cities you live in, your eyes begin to relax. This is because our eyes have evolved like that. So go on ,
Enjoy the greenery that I have brought for you !
Friday, June 2, 2017
Hey everybody !
Here is a drawing that I made of a Common Kingfisher.I hope you like it !
Here is some info on the bird :
- Kingfishers eat fish and crayfish. They live in burrows on the edges of streams, lakes and ponds.
- To catch fish, they lazily fly over the water, swooping down to spear a fish with their sharp beaks. Sometimes they perch in a branch near a river and dive when they see a fish.
- Female kingfishers are more colorful than males.
- Kingfishers make dry, loud screeching sounds.
- In the winter, kingfishers migrate to areas where the water is not frozen.
- A pair of kingfishers work together to build burrows along the edges of streams or rivers.
- A borrow might be 3 to 8 feet long.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Yesterday when i was cycling I found a dehydrated, unconscious baby squirrel and so i brought it home.I kept it in a small shoe box along with a soft dry piece of cloth and water. He was so tired then that he couldn't even drink water by himself. I gave him water and milk by a syringe and now he is sleeping soundly. Now he recognises me and wont leave my hand !!
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Saturday, March 4, 2017
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Living in space is very hard. There's no gravity, so doing everyday things isn't a piece of cake.
Here are some ways astronauts live and work in space aboard a space station.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Bananas are the fruit produced by various banana plants.
- When ripe they are usually long and curved with a soft inside covered by a yellow skin (peel).
- Bananas can be found in other colors, including red.
- Banana plants are not trees, they are a type of herb.
- Humans have grown bananas for thousands of years.
- Most species of banana plant originated in Southeast Asia.
- Bananas grow in large, hanging bunches.
- A row of bananas is sometimes called a 'hand', while a single banana is called a 'finger'.
- India is the leading producer of bananas.
|The Cutie Banana !|
- Lady's fingers is popularly known as Bhindi in India and 'Okra' in US.
- Lady's finger is a rich source of many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- Okra is very much effective in controlling Blood sugar level.
- It is also used as a home remedy for cold. It's another use is in controlling diabetes.
|Lady Finger with umbrella!|
- The lemon is native to Asia, around Northeast India, North Burma, and China.
- Lemons are believed to be a hybrid between a sour orange and a citron.
- The lemon is an evergreen tree, it blooms (a white flower) and produces fruit all year round. Each tree can produce between 500 and 600 pounds (225 kg and 270 kg) of lemons a year.
- Christopher Columbus took lemon seeds with him to the America's in 1493, introducing the fruit there.
- Lemons have a sour taste to them, this is due to the fact that lemon juice contains about 5-6% citric acid.
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Friday, January 27, 2017
Friday, January 20, 2017
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Monday, October 31, 2016
Sunday, October 30, 2016
But my next thought was the one that I pondered over for at least half an hour and it could well stop the first one. It was about pollution.
Firecrackers pollute but the big trouble is that they scare dogs and cats so much they yelp and pant for help and hide away. Firecrackers have an adverse effect on the environment too. Crackers can cause land pollution, because of the paper that is left after exploding. They cause air pollution too, as they release a large amount of CO², better known as carbon dioxide and sulphur, lead etc etc.
On Diwali we light up lamps,also known as Akashdiva or Akashkandil. Diwali is celebrated on Amavasya ( new moon day). It is known as the darkest night of the year. I love lighting diyas and electric lightings to beatify my balcony. May all have a happy Diwali !!!
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Sunday, October 2, 2016
One of my favourites quotes - " Be the change you wish to see''
Friday, April 22, 2016
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
NATURE IS HOPE NATURE IS EVERYTHING
To the winds I want to say
Free me of worldly bonds
with cooling touch so fond,
Free me of my worldly stress
then sadness will be so less.
To the sun I want to say
Give me warmth of hope
So with problems can I cope
Your great power let me find
So from no one I lack behind.
To the clouds I want to say
Wash me of my troubles
So my happiness doubles
With the goodness of your rain,
All sorrows go down the drain.
So even if I miss my train,
and even if it doesn't rain,
I will have nature's kindness
the cure for world's madness.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Monday, February 8, 2016
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Medium : Sketch pen and Wax crayons.
Village life is very simple life. Not like our city which has polluted air. Go to a village and you will see that it is green everywhere. Breathe in the fresh air. Swim in the river. Eat as much you want and rest under the cooling shade of the tree.
Really , village life is beautiful and relaxing.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Wishing all of you a very Happy 69th Independence Day! Let us promise to never forget the sacrifices of the freedom fighters who laid down their lives for our country. They are the real heroes!
Sapphron White and Green
We all know what they mean
Sapphron means Sacrifice
White means Peace
and Green is Prosperity
It is our loveable Flag
Our Indian Tricolor
It is our Power,
It is our Hope,
Which helps us to cope
With the struggle of Life !
Monday, August 3, 2015
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Where the moon goes
Never leaving a trail,
Nor does it go by car,
Nor does it go by rail.
Then comes morning,
with the happy sun
We go out and have a fun.
As we say bye to the Sun,
There arrives moon again.
I write a letter to the moon,
with my pen.
Monday, May 4, 2015
I wish I was a butterfly
so that I could fly in the sky
I would suck nectar from flowers
and like a Bee over them I would hover.
I would have colorful wings
and then sweet songs I would sing
I wish I was a butterfly
I would talk to squirrels big,
and when I become tired
I would sit on a twig.
I wish I was a butterfly.
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Saturday, March 14, 2015